I Know this only the second post I've written, but I wanted to write about something that meant something to me. Maybe this is a bit too deep when I don't even think I have any followers (what are you guys on here? Blogsters?), but I wanted to write about something that was real, not just telling you about what I did on the weekend, ( I rediscovered mika btw) so I thought I'd talk about this. I don't even know what to write, just that friendships are hard. Like any relationship they take a bit of effort to maintain but they're well worth it. I found out recently that if you don't put any effort in you loose people. This gap appears that you don't know how to close. And I'm stuck. I can't offer any advice on here about that, cause I don't have any. If anything, I need advice from you guys. I just need to say that if someone calls you, pick up the phone straight away, always call them back, and DON'T BE LATE. The amount of times I am late for things, urghhhh... And now I look back and wish I'd done everything I just wrote. I'm still 'friends' with this girl, but I'm not, if you know what I mean. There are loooong periods of time that go by and I don't see her. And this makes me sad, because I've known this girl for nearly 4 years now, and I'm starting wonder if this a gap I'll never be able to fix, a gap that I won't be able to cross. And that scares me, because I will miss this girl. And I don't want too, because right now I don't think she misses me.
And then there's this girl I have known MY WHOLE LIFE. And she's moving to Australia. And I'm gonna miss her sooooooo much! but when I was at her house recently I saw she treated me more like a sister then a friend. And for a while I thought she was just walking all over me, telling me to do stuff for her, or nip and get something for her, or even start a fight with me. And then I realised she wasn't walking over me, she was treating me differently to other people because she was being herself. Not saying she's a faker, but she let the walls come down completely around me, whereas with others, she'd just open the shutters. And when she's moved I'll miss our fights, our laughing, our heart-to-hearts, because that's what a true friend does. She's the girl you can tell everything to and sure, she's gonna judge you a bit, because we're humans, we do it automatically. But i know she's not gonna spread it, or be shocked at it, because she's heard it all before, from me.
I guess the message of this is, look after your friends, because one day you'll turn around to tell them something, and they won't be there, they'll be with someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment